Friday 22 January 2016

Why doing nothing is profitable in investing

Don't feel you have to trade today!  Wait till the time is right.  Just for my own benefit, today was a prime example of this in action.

One of the stock tips from "MoneyWeek" I picked up on is cyber security business, NCC.  Recently the person who provided the tip pointed out that NCC is up over 112% since recommendation.  But for me, that's 133%.

The original recommendation was on 12 January 2012, but I bought in on 12 April 2013.  I then had the uncomfortable experience of watching the stock rise a fair bit, before coming back down to earth.  Then I bought, and have enjoyed a roller-coaster upwards drift since.

Be happy!  If the price isn't right, walk away, leaving it on your watch list.  Other opportunities always exist, or will be along shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment